Features at a Glance
An educated boater is a safe boater
Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating: Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar: Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
FREE DIY seminars on boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
If you’re interested in learning what it takes to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or engine, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free seminars cover a variety of topics, include demonstrations of techniques and tools on boat and motor cutaways, and end with question/answer sessions. Come with your questions and projects to discuss, and leave with the know-how, confidence and inspiration to do it yourself.
Click here for a complete seminar schedule.
Don't miss leading RV expert, author of The RV Handbook, and managing editor of RVRepairClub.com, David Solberg. Dave will be on hand to chat with you about the joys of RVing and his experiences on the road and behind the wheel. Whether you’re a first-timer, a full-timer, or fall somewhere in between Dave can answer your questions and offer proven, practical advice for your next road trip.
Learn more about Dave at rvrepairclub.com
Check back soon for a complete seminar schedule
In search of a new way to enjoy the water, spend time outdoors or energize your exercise routine? Head to the PaddleFest Pool to get out on the water and experience the fun of stand up paddle boarding (SUP), kayaking and other paddle sports. We’ll provide all the gear and instruction you need to take a demo ride—no experience needed.
Get a first look at the latest in paddle sports gear and watercraft, too. Industry experts and manufacturers will be on hand to demonstrate everything from from fishing, recreational and whitewater kayaks to stand up paddle boards.
Once you've zeroed in on your favorite paddle sport, you can take advantage of once-a-year show deals from leading paddle sports retailers including Windward Boardshop, Offshore Marine, Quest Watersports & Fontana Paddle Company.
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to pilot a sailboat, here’s your chance to find out—without leaving dry land! Climb aboard the Sailing Simulator and discover how fun and easy it is to sail. Designed with beginners in mind, the sailing simulator offers a true-to-life sailing experience. You’ll tack and jibe and use the tiller to keep the boat level on the show floor as fans fill the sails and move the boat from side to side.
Your one-stop resource for boating information and advice. Our friendly crew can answer your questions and set you on a course to becoming a boater or help you make the most of your time on the water.
• Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
• Expert, unbiased advice on choosing a boat that suits your lifestyle
• Local resources to help you get started
Climb inside to take a spin—literally—in the Rockin’ Rollin’ Bubbles. Act like a crazy hamster, try log rolling tricks or race with other “water walkers”. It’s great fun, and best of all, you can go with a friend. Mom and Dad, be sure to bring your video cameras—the photo ops are fantastic!
FREE fishing for children 12 and younger.
There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release trout pond, stocked with frisky trout is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of fishing. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the moment when your little angler reels in a "big one"!