Features at a Glance
Progressive® Insurance Boat School
An educated boater is a safe boater
Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating: Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar: Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Fred's Shed Interactive Learning Center
DIY seminars and workshops covering boat and motor maintenance, repair & upgrades.
Watch, learn and do! If you're a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred's Shed for practical, professional advice. Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics.
Check back soon for a complete seminar schedule.
New this year—Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook Seminar attendees will receive the Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook, featuring export advice and how-to articles from Boating magazine.
You won't want to miss PaddleFest at this year's show! Get a first look at the latest in paddle sports gear and watercraft. Industry experts and manufacturers will be on hand to demonstrate their new offerings—everything from from fishing, recreational and whitewater kayaks to stand up paddle boards.
Free paddle sport demos offered daily in the pool – Get on the water and test out kayaks, fishing kayaks, canoes, stand up paddleboards for free. Try SUP Yoga or ask any of our experts to Introduce you to SUP.
Shop leading paddle sports retailers - Don't miss a great selection from leading manufacturers and once a year show deals being offered by leading paddle sports retailers such as Windward Boardshop, Offshore Marine, Quest Watersports & Fontana Paddle Company.
Rockin', Rollin', Bubbles
The newest craze in water walking sports -- Rollers!!! Act like a crazy hamster or try log rolling tricks! Its great fun and best of all you can go with a friend. Mom and Dad, bring your video cameras, the photo ops are fantastic!
Huck Finn Trout Pond
FREE fishing for children 12 and younger. There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release trout pond, stocked with frisky trout is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of fishing. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the moment when your little angler reels in a "big one"!
Live Music with Frankendread
When: All Days of the Show